In the European Union, certain types of products require an energy label. This energy label indicates the energy efficiency of the product. This enables customers to make informed choices based on the energy consumption of energy-related products.
In 2021, the energy label was reformed by the European Union and since March 1, 2021 the new energy label is required for different household applications for example washing machines, dishwashers, and freezers. Other product categories will be following.
Compared to former energy labels there are some substantial changes regarding the format and the presented information. One of the changes is that the plus classes A+, A++, and A+++ are replaced by the new classes A to G. For further information, please refer to the article provided by the European Union: New EU energy labels applicable from 1 March 2021.
Adding an energy label
- In the sidebar of the administration, navigate to Products → View products.
- Select the product you would like to add an energy label for or create a new product by selecting + Add.
- Upload the energy label as an image file in the section Legal under Energy label.
- Select the highest available energy efficiency class that is shown on the uploaded energy label. For new energy labels without plus classes, select A as the highest energy efficiency class.
- Depending on the type of product, select either Class to display one single energy efficiency class for the product, or Range. The currently selected energy efficiency class/range is displayed next to the the scale.
- Class: Define the product's energy efficiency class by adjusting the slider on the scale.
- Range: Define the range of the energy efficiency class by adjusting the two sliders on the scale.
- Select Save.
The energy label has been added to the product.