HTML is a markup language that is mainly used to create web pages. You can insert your own HTML code on the content and category pages of your shop.
Among other things, this offers you the following options:
- Embedding widgets and trust seals
- Embedding iFrames
- Integration of social media feeds
- More design options e.g. when inserting images
- Inserting tables, buttons and other elements
- Determine anchor points with which visitors of the shop can reach a specific point on a page.
Carefully review your shop after any changes are made. Please also note that the automatically applied updates affect the program code of your shop. Therefore, check regularly whether the HTML code you entered still serves its purpose and whether it affects the design or functionality after the update.
In some cases not all of your shop's visitors will see the custom HTML elements in your shop - for instance due to cookie settings.
How to insert your own HTML code
1. In the administration area of your shop, select Editor in the main menu.
2. A list of the pages of your shop is now displayed in the sidebar under Pages. Select the page you want to edit.
3. Select Content Elements.
4. In the left column, select the content element Custom HTML and, holding down the left mouse button, drag the element to the desired location in your shop on the right. The blue areas show you where you can insert the element.
5. Select Add HTML.
6. Enter the HTML code you want to add to the page.
7. Select Save.
8. Select View your shop and check if the changes are displayed correctly or if there are problems with the display of your store.
The inserted HTML code is only valid for the respective page.
Your shop software automatically checks whether the HTML code you have entered is valid.