One of the most important improvements in the Now version concerns the editing of design settings and content. Both of these tasks were rather cumbersome and complicated in the Base version. In order to edit content, you had to switch between the content preview and the data sheet view. For the design settings, there was the quick mode and the advanced mode, but their options sometimes overlapped.
In the Now version, all this can be done quickly and easily with the editor. Not only can you use it to configure all the design settings, you can also add and edit pages. This makes day-to-day tasks for your shop easier.
The major advantages of the new editor:
- The editor allows you to very quickly create a modern shop that is responsive and optimised for display on all devices.
- All settings for design and content are in a single location.
- The editor is significantly more user-friendly than the corresponding options in the Base version.
- You can easily add content elements such as texts, images or videos to the pages of your shop via drag-and-drop.
- In the Base version, you always had to select the Show your page button after saving the changes in order to view the result. The editor works according to the WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) principle: your shop is shown directly in the editor and you always see immediately how the changes will appear in the shop.
- Changes to pages, such as newly added elements or modifications to texts, are now saved automatically. This means you no longer have to save them manually.
To open the editor, select Editor from the main menu in the administration area of the Now shop.
Design options in the editor
The editor offers the following options for modifying the design of your shop:
- Using themes / design templates
- Uploading and editing a logo
- Changing the colors of your shop
- Changing the fonts of your shop
- Displaying unique selling points (USPs) in the header of your shop
- Showing the logos of payment and shipping methods in the footer
- Displaying links to social networks in the footer (Facebook, Twitter etc.)
- Editing the cookie notice text
- Entering custom CSS code (more information on this is available in the article Modifying the design of your shop with CSS)
- Adding a favicon
Using the editor to edit content
The following options are available for editing the pages of your shop in the editor:
- Creating a new page
- Deleting a page
- Editing the visibility of pages
- Changing the order of pages in the menu
- Configuring search engine optimisation settings
A variety of content elements are available, which you can add to the pages of your shop using drag-and-drop. They include e.g. the following types of content:
- Google Maps
- Product sliders
- Image sliders (corresponds to the content slider in the Base version)
- User-defined HTML
- Contact forms
Many of these elements are available in several variants. For example, texts can be formatted into one, two or three columns.
In addition, you have the following options:
You will find more information in the article Introduction: Editing content with the editor.