The underlying design of your shop is based on a design template or “theme”.
Each theme offers different standard features – such as the fonts and colors used or the way in which content is arranged.
In addition, each theme provides you with a number of styles to choose from. These differ in the color palette used, for example.
You can switch to a different theme at any time and thereby give your shop a new appearance.
How to change the theme of your shop
1. In your shop’s administration area, select Themes from the menu bar.
2. You will now be shown the available themes and associated styles. The style currently being used for shop is marked as active. Select the Activate button for the theme/style you want to use.
3. Some themes offer additional settings. In this case there is the symbol displayed next to the name of the theme. Select it, take care of the settings and save the changes.
The theme is selected and will now be shown to visitors to your shop.
Will I lose some elements while changing theme?
If you only switch the style (for example from “Neutral Day" to “Neutral Night”), there will be no changes to your content or images.
If you switch themes (for example from “Neutral” to “Spotlight”), it is possible that some elements will not be carried over.
These elements will never change while switching themes:
- Content pages
- Categories and category pages
- Legal pages
- The menu structure of your shop
These elements could change while switching themes, depending on the themes you are using:
- The home page structure as well as text and images on the home page
- Texts and images on your category and product pages
It is always possible to activate the previous theme again and regain the elements that were changed while switching themes.