You can set customer-specific prices for customer groups. This allows you to offer discounted prices to regular customers, for example.
The customer-specific prices are displayed to customers on the product page in the section Bulk pricing. These prices are only displayed to customers of the respective customer group if they are logged in. Any bulk prices you may have set will then no longer be displayed to these customers. The customers of the respective customer group will not be informed that the displayed prices are customer-specific.
Setting a customer-specific price
- In the sidebar of the administration, navigate to Products → View products.
- Select the product for which you want to set a customer-specific price.
- Open the tab Customer-specific prices.
- Select the respective customer group.
- In the Quantity column, enter the number of items the customer needs to buy to receive the customer-specific price.
- Enter the desired price per item.
- Additionally, you can enter a percentage discount. This discount will be applied to the price per item you have set.
The discount only applies to the respective product and not to the entire order.If you want to set a percentage discount only, remember to also add the product's original price in the price per item column. If you leave the price per item field empty and only add a percentage discount, the price per item will be automatically set to £0. However, if you have already set a customer-specific price for this product, the last set price per item applies.
- Select Save.
A product costs £10 per item. You have set a customer-specific price of £8 per item and a quantity of 2. When customers of this customer group buy two items of this product, they will only pay £16 instead of £20. By adding a discount of 25%, the price reduces further to £12.