You can edit the content of the pages in your shop within the editor. You can find further basic information about the editor in the article Introduction: Editing content with the editor.
How to edit the content of a page
- In the sidebar of the administration, navigate to Editor.
- In the sidebar under Pages you will now see a list of your shop’s pages. Select the page that you would like to edit.
- Your shop will be shown on the right-hand side. You can now edit your content as described below.
Adding a new element
You can add new elements like texts or images on your start page, category pages and content pages. It is not possible to add elements on the legal pages.
On the example pages already set up for your shop, you will find some existing elements that you only need to edit. Any new content pages you create are empty and will need to have elements added to them.
To the left in the sidebar, select Content elements to find various elements that you can simply “drag and drop” into your shop on the right side. If, for instance, you would like to add an image to a particular page, you can simply drag that element to the required location into your shop on the right side by holding the left mouse button down.
Here, the blue areas will show you the locations where you can add the element.
Editing a text element
- Within your shop on the right side, select the text element you would like to edit.
- You can now modify and format the text. To format a particular text passage, select it. You will then have access to various formatting options, with which you are probably familiar from programs like Microsoft Word.
Adding an image
- In the sidebar on the left side, select one of the content elements that contain an image and drag the element to the required location on the page by holding the left mouse button down. Here, the blue areas will show you the locations where you can add the element.
- A placeholder for the element has been added. You now have two options for adding an image.
• Select Add image and select the image from your computer
• Drag an image from your computer to the placeholder
Editing an image
- Within your shop on the right side, move the mouse pointer onto the placeholder for the image and select .
- If you would like to use a different image, select , and upload a different image from your computer.
- Under Alternative text, you can enter a text, such as a short description of the image. The text will be displayed in your shop in cases whether the image cannot be loaded. This is also used for any visually impaired people who visit your shop using a screen reader. For more information, read the article Alternative texts for images.
- Open the tab . Enter a URL under Link. If visitors select the image, they will be directed to the relevant page. This provides you with a useful way of adding links to other pages within your shop. Under Open link in new window, you can specify whether the link should be opened in a new window.
- Select Save.
- If you would like to adjust the size of the image or change the part of the image that is shown, move the mouse pointer over the image and select the cropping icon . You can find more information on this in the article Cropping images.
Adding a video
- In the sidebar on the left side, select one of the content elements that contain a video and drag the element to the required location on the page by holding the left mouse button down. Here, the blue areas will show you the locations where you can add the element.
- Select Add Video.
- Under Video link, enter the URL of the video you would like to add.
- Select Save.
The video will now be shown to your visitors.
Editing a video
- Within your shop on the right side, move the mouse pointer onto the content element that contains the video you want to edit and select .
- Under Video link, enter the URL of the video you would like to add instead.
- Select Save.